Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Problems With Video Game Ratings, by Rahsaan







































Man! To all the teens out there, how do you feel about your parents always telling you what games you can get its just nerve wrecking. It's even worse when you go to the store alone you have to be 18 to buy "favorite" M rated video games its just sucks. I mean, what's the point of buying a game if you can't enjoy it because of the bad ratings and how do these scientists know how video games affect teens if they dont even play them?


I mean, I'm not saying they don't have a reason for puting these rating down, but not for the average teen as myself that doesn't have mental problems. I could see them having these ratings for the mentaly ill that may have an urge to reenact them. People claim "there have been cases" like this, but I dont think there's been a high percentage of normal teens doing thing like that these days.
It's certainly is not me I'll tell you that much or I wouldn't have the chance to tell you about this. From my research I came up with that only 60% of the average teen has been in a crime that comes from games but the game is based off of real life crime, such as GTA, acording to (video games.pros &cons.org). It has also been said that the juvenile percentage of teens in jail has fallen 71.9%. There has also been reports that 43.3% are enrolled in a juvenile detention system between the years of 1995 - 2008, A low percentage, I would say.
I have sense, and like me, other teens would not go shooting up some place from playing Mature rated games. So why ban the average teen from mature games, cause I want to get to level 50.


























































































No comments:

Post a Comment