Friday, February 4, 2011

Graffiti Art by Rahsaan






Graffiti expresses who someone is, where they come from and how someone feels. What I'm going to talk about here is some of the local kings of graffiti in San Diego.

In the area, there is a group called "sea aliens," who just invaded with their street art and skills of creativity and style. This group is originally from Mexico. The words that are used in their graffiti are liberte, egalite, fraternite--the last one is French for "brotherhood." This is affecting people's neighborhoods, but I just think it's a burst of style ripping out of them, which is pretty cool. That's why I do graffiti, but in a sketch book.

Fat Cap was founded in 1998 when digital cameras didn't exist. Fat Cap made a team to cover international graffiti. They did great art around the nation and worked on many other cool projects.

Graffiti is an interesting thing I can relate to in many ways, because I like art. This art style is what got me motivated to my art out there and not the traditional kind of art, but the modern. Graffiti artists are mixing it up like Picasso.

No comments:

Post a Comment